Preparing Your Myrtle Beach Home for Holiday Travel
Myrtle Beach is one of the best cities in the country in which to live, work, raise a family or retire. We continue to show up on lists that prove what we have known for years, this area is unlike any other. From the white sand beaches to word-class golf to entertainment options galore, northeastern South Carolina has plenty of natural wonder, sports, hobbies, and amenities; however, it’s the thriving economy, strong housing market, and community that make this area special. We have everything you need and want in a city; with all the charm and friendly people you would expect in a small town.
When it comes to holiday travel, you may find that your friends and family want to come to you. If you are in Myrtle Beach, it makes sense. The weather is as comfortable as anywhere on the East Coast throughout the winter. It is a great time to visit the beach, play golf, and catch a show. Others will travel to the many areas convenient to Myrtle Beach or hop on a plane at the airport and fly all over the world. For homeowners in Myrtle Beach, here are a few tips to make sure you are ready for holiday travel.
Holiday Travel Tips for Myrtle Beach Homeowners
If you are leaving your home for an extended period of time, here are some tips for making sure it is as safe as possible:
- Make sure all straighteners, curling irons, clothes irons, and other fire hazards are turned off and unplugged.
- Install and set a home security system.
- Make sure your lawn is maintained and not overgrown.
- Have a neighbor collect mail and deliveries.
- Let your neighbors know you are going out of town.
- Leave a few lights on and possibly a television or radio.
- Set your thermostat no more than 5 degrees lower or higher than usual.
- Do NOT turn off your refrigerator or water heater.
- Make sure all windows and doors are locked, including basements and garage doors.
- Clean up and remove garbage before you leave.
If you are welcoming guests for the holidays, we recommend cleaning, decorating, and preparing your home only as much as what does not cause stress. Your friends and family are traveling to Myrtle Beach to spend time with you, not your house. If you like the idea of owning a home in our area that accommodates guests, contact RealStar Homes. We build the highest quality homes with a commitment to customer service. Whether you are searching for a house that makes it easy to travel to and from, or you want to be able to entertain all your friends and family, we have a floor plan and home that is perfect for your needs.