For families just starting to those in full swing of enjoying their retirement, Myrtle Beach has something for everyone. This charming place has big-city amenities with real small-town charm. Myrtle Beach itself has about 35,000 residents, while the metro area is home to less than half a million people. It has the same amount of people as cities like Asheville, Knoxville, and Roanoke. Nevertheless, with a steady influx of tourism, you will find no shortage of big-city amenities.
For those concerned the area is too large, RealStar builds homes in several communities that are just a short drive from the famous Grand Strand. You can feel the charm, comfort, and quiet of a small town, while still taking advantage of incredible restaurants, entertainment, and natural beauty abundantly around you.
Some of the activities you might enjoy while living in this area include fantastic fishing, world-class golfing, kayaking, dancing, or going to the local museums. This isn't even mentioning the beautiful beaches readily available and waiting for your toes to sink into their sand.
Whether you’re wanting to go and do any number of activities or sit and watch the waves, Myrtle Beach provides it.
Communities in Myrtle Beach, SC
Queen's Cove is a true gem of a community. Located within the high end community of The Battery on the Waterway, Queen's Cove is a rare opportunity to own a Garden Home on the Intracoastal Waterway. Visit the Queens Cove Community.
Experience carefree living in the heart of the Grand Strand. Whether you’re looking for your first home or searching for the ideal second home, chances are is just what you’re looking for. Visit Berwick at Windsor Plantation.
Located off Hwy. 707 between Myrtle Beach and Murrells Inlet, Hampton Park is mere minutes to all the excitement that Myrtle Beach area and Murrells Inlet has to offer. Visit the Hampton Park Community.
Area Information for Myrtle Beach, SC
- North Myrtle Beach formed in 1968 with the goal of providing unrivaled services, recreation and vacation facilities all within a safe community
- Now home to over 12,000 permanent residents
- Ocean Drive section of North Myrtle Beach is the birthplace of the “Shag”, the official South Carolina state dance, and hosts yearly events and festivals
- Cherry Grove section of North Myrtle Beach offers some of the best surf fishing on the Grand Strand
- Slow paced village of Little River, the oldest town on the Grand Strand, is known for fresh seafood, annual blue crab festival, fishing and beautiful, historic live oak trees
- Mild, sub-tropical climate perfect for year round outdoor activities
- Hampton Park is 20 minutes south of Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Park is 20 minutes north of Murrells Inlet
- Low Country Cuisine
- Locally owned restaurants
- Hundreds of restaurants offer fresh seafood, fine steak, traditional southern cooking and casual local eats
Things To Do
- Walking/Biking Trails
- Unique Shops
- Berwick is close to North Litchfield Beach
- Marinas offering tours, charter boats & deep sea fishing
- Amusement parks
- Family friendly dance clubs
- Live theater
- Hampton Park is close to Surfside Beach
- Hampton Park is close to Savannah's Playground
- Beach activities including swimming, sunbathing, surf fishing and more
Arts And Culture
- Wineries and vineyards including tastings and tours
- Live productions including music, dancing and comedy
- Shopping including outlets, malls, specialty boutiques and quaint shops
- Brookgreen Gardens
- Atalaya Arts and Crafts Festival
Links of Interest
The weather in Myrtle Beach is one of the key points of attraction for many new residents. The average temperature is never higher than the mid-80s, but there is an extended season of mild weather from spring through late fall. Winters are not particularly cold. Summers are not extremely hot, especially compared to areas in Lynn such as Columbia and Florence. Winter is mild, though it is not out of the question to see snowflakes every few years. While tropical systems and hurricanes can be a concern, most systems make landfall either north or south of our area.
Quick Move-In Homes
Click the tabs below to view each community's current move-in ready homes.