1) Design Your Home with Expert Builders
As you enter this important phase of life that you have worked so hard to earn, you want to make sure you choose the right builder to help with the process and ultimately make your dream come to life. An inexperienced builder might not ask the right questions to ensure your house fits all of your needs.
Realstar Homes’ builders have decades of experience designing and building homes on the Carolina coast. We will walk with you through the entire process to ensure you are satisfied with the home we build.
2) Design Your Home for Your Location
Realstar Homes are built in a variety of neighborhoods and communities from southeastern North Carolina to Myrtle Beach and beyond. The natural features near your location will impact the amenities you desire. For instance, if you have views on both sides, you might want a wraparound porch. If you home look over the Intracoastal Waterway, like our Queen’s Cove community, you may want to make sure you have the prettiest windows on the front for sunrises.
3) Design Your Home According to Your Lifestyle
Before committing to a particular style of home, make sure it fits your lifestyle by asking these questions:
- Do you want to entertain friends?
- Do you expect visiting friends and family to stay at your home?
- Do you need a home with a garage?
- Do you anticipate traveling and need to reduce maintenance?
- Do you want to maintain a lawn?
If you anticipate entertaining groups or family, you may want a detached home, potentially including a second floor. If you determine you want to travel, you might consider a garden home that requires little upkeep. Either way, Realstar Homes can help design and build the house that meets your needs.
4) Design Your Home for the Future
If this is the home in which you intend to spend your retirement, you will want to anticipate future needs. For example:
- Single-story to reduce stair climbing
- First-floor master bedroom with guest rooms on the second floor
- Open floor plans that require less tight navigation
- No step or ramped entrances
- Thresholds that are flush with the floor
- Grab bars in the bathrooms
- Non-slip flooring and flush shower entries
- Countertops and storage that is easy to reach and use
The last thing you want to do is find your house does not serve your needs.
5) Design Your Home Where You Want to Live
Do you enjoy the beach, golfing, outdoor activities, culture, good food, dancing, or fishing? Design your house in a location near the things you plan to enjoy during your retirement. RealStar’s communities are convenient to all the activities on that list and more. Our homes are located near world-class golf courses, restaurants that often feature on lists of some of the best food in the South. And there are few places that compare to the entertainment options in Myrtle Beach, SC. If you are designing your house for retirement, contact Realstar Homes.