1) North Myrtle Beach Weather
You have battled with weather complicating your work and recreation for long enough. Now that you are retiring, it is time to find a place with sun, warm temperatures, and a light breeze. You do not need to go all the way to Florida to be a snowbird. North Myrtle Beach has some of the best retirement weather on the east coast.
- Temperatures: The highest average high is just over 87-degrees, while the average low never dips below freezing. The coldest recorded temperature is warmer than zero, it rarely snows, and the average high temperature is above 80-degrees from June through September. Our proximity to the coast mitigates the extreme heat experienced in places like Columbia and Florence.
- Snowfall: It is more likely to experience 60-degree high temperatures in winter than snow. While it can happen, for the most part, if you want snow, you need to drive inland.
- Tropical Storms: You might think that you would be trading snow for tropical storms and hurricanes, but that is not necessarily the case. The North Myrtle Beach area has certainly experienced damage from tropical cyclones, even as recently as 2018; however, our bouts with storm storms are less frequent than other coastal retirement destinations, due to our distance from the Gulf Stream.
- Sunny Days with Sea Breeze: We are close enough to the ocean for a sea breeze to take the edge of the sun’s rays. There is little about which to complain in North Myrtle Beach, SC.
2) Retirement Housing
There are many great neighborhoods designed with retirement and vacation housing in mind. A few of our favorites include:
Palm Lakes Gardens: Located in the heart of all North Myrtle Beach has to offer, Palm Lakes offers well-appointed garden homes with a wide variety of options like screened porches, sunrooms, and gourmet kitchens.
Park Pointe: Adjacent to the North Myrtle Beach Park and Sports Complex, Park Pointe’s beautiful homes offer owners a breath of fresh amidst many parks and outdoor recreation opportunities, while still just a short drive to the Grand Strand.
Palm Lakes and Palm Lakes Gardens: Whether you’re looking for a conventional house or a garden home, these two communities provide you with man options within a short distance from all the outdoor activities, golfing, and culture for which North Myrtle Beach is famous.
3) Golf Courses
It almost goes without saying, but retirement is synonymous with golf, and North Myrtle Beach is synonymous with golf. Retiring in our area puts you in the heart of Carolina golf country. Golf courses and clubs near our communities include:
- Aberdeen Country Club
- Colonial Charters Golf Club
- Farmstead Golf Links
- Meadowlands Golf Course
- The Grand Dunes
- Pine Lakes Country Club
- Barefoot Resort and Golf Club
- World Tour Golf Links
- River Oaks Golf Plantation
- Arcadian Shores Golf Club
- Beachwood Golf Club
- Azalea Sands Golf Club
- Arrowhead Country Club
- Glen Dornock Waterway Golf
- River Hills Golf and Country Club
- Valley at Eastport Golf Club
- Eagle Nest Golf Club
4) Restaurants and Nightlife
From the highest quality fresh seafood to gourmet tacos and fine dining, there are restaurants for every pallet in North Myrtle Beach, SC. When you’re finished eating, you can always catch a show at Barefoot Landing, Broadway at the Beach, or one of the many classy venues or bars in the area.
5) The Beach and the Great Outdoors
It may go without saying, but one of the best parts of retiring in North Myrtle Beach is, of course, the beach itself. Our stretch of sandy, coastal paradise affords residents and visitors opportunities for parasailing, surfing, horseback riding, deep-sea fishing, and many other beach related activities. However, North Myrtle offers outdoor activities beyond the beach, including:
- Zipline and High Ropes adventures
- Road and Mountain Biking
- Lake and Waterway boating
- Frisbee Golf
- Alligator Adventure
- Horseback Riding
There is no shortage of reasons to retire in North Myrtle Beach. If you are ready to look for your dream retirement or vacation area, give us a call. We have many options, from townhouses and garden homes to beautiful ranches, we have something for you.